Happy Birthday, Joel!
In honor of this day I should try and update this tumblr again…
40?! I just watched him in deliver us from evil, it’s mental to think he’s 40
After everyone finds out you’re ordained they want you to have them marry stuff,
What they don’t know is I have the official ‘marriage’ speech saved in my phone soooooo
You married a table
You married your co- worker
And you married that glass of wine you downed in two secs
little things that help ease symptoms of depression:
- turn the lights on and open a window
- eat something healthy and drink ice cold water
- find a comforting album to listen to whenever things get bad
- take a long, relaxing bath
- do yourself up in full make up and hair
- be around people, even if you don’t think it will help
- watch something funny on netflix
- wear your favorite/most comfortable outfit
- immerse yourself in a hobby like drawing
- lose yourself in a really good book or movie
Meet The First Woman To Make It Into The FDNY’s Calendar Of Heroes.
Danae Mines became one of the few female firefighters in the New York City Fire Department (FDNY) 11 years ago, despite her family telling her that only men joined the department.
This year, she broke down another barrier by becoming the first woman to be featured in the FDNY’s 2015 Calendar of Heroes. She had been told that the honor was reserved for men, but when she saw the open call for firefighters, she went, despite feeling a little intimidated standing in line with more than 100 men.
There are currently only 41 women in the department, but perhaps the attention Danae is getting will increase that number. “I wanted my picture in the calendar so that young girls and young women can see me and know that they can do this job,” she told the New York Daily News.
Theme Chunk 5, by Max davis.